Welcome to the Simple Meditation Group where meditation is made easy. This meditation will be a time for friends and acquaintances to simply relax, rest, and unwind from your day’s activities. By allowing ourselves to enjoy the present moment, we are able to reconnect to the inner stillness that is always present within us. Greater happiness and joy can be experienced when we are in this peaceful state of consciousness.
What To Expect
Meditation class will start at 7:00 pm and end at 8:15 pm. It is encouraged to arrive a bit early so you can settle-in, get familiar with the space, and find a comfortable seat. Arriving early ensures that our meditation time is not disturbed once we begin.
The hour and fifteen minutes will include:
- Discussion about mindfulness and meditation
- Instructions on how to meditate
- The length of the meditation will be about 30 minutes. The content will vary between a guided meditation and/or simply sitting in stillness (after setting an intention) with relaxing music playing in the background.
- Time for questions & answers
Frequently Asked Questions
- There are chairs to use for the meditation. If you would like to sit on the floor, you can bring you own meditation cushion.
- No prior experience is necessary. All people are welcome.
- You don’t need to bring anything and you don’t need special clothing.
- There are bathrooms available plus a small kitchen with a refrigerator.
- Cost is $10 per class if you prepay online. Cost is $15 if you show up without prepayment.
- There is a charge for this class to cover Meetup fees, organizer fees, and the time that goes into scheduling and preparing a Meetup event.
Thank you for joining the Simple Meditation Group and sharing your journey with other like-minded people. I look forward to meeting you!
Inspire Your Journey LLC